Friday, October 29, 2010

Creamy Carrot Soup

I have had pretty decent luck with recipe/cooking magazines. I usually get suckered into buying one while I'm waiting in line at the grocery store.

This has been a great recipe collection for my recent soup obsession.

I tried making the Creamy Carrot Soup. These recipes were submitted from readers. This instantly made me nervous, but I recently heard that recipe magazines test all of the recipes in test kitchens, even with multiple ovens/stoves!

Here were the ingredients:
3 cups of sliced carrots
1 cup of chopped onion
2/3 cup chopped celery
1 1/2 cups of diced peeled potatoes
1 minced garlic clove
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
2 teaspoons canola oil
4 cups of chicken broth
Dash of nutmeg
As I have mentioned before, you can freeze chicken broth. So, I used some that I had in the freezer.

This recipe was extremely easy and delicious.

Start by sauteing the carrots, onions, celery, potatoes, garlic, and sugar over medium heat in a Dutch oven. Saute for 5 minutes.

Add the nutmeg, broth, and season with salt/pepper.

Boil.

After boiling, reduce the heat, cover and simmer. Let it simmer for 30 minutes. Make sure the veggies are tender.

Cool before putting it in the food processor. Since I have a small food processor, I had to do several batches in the food processor. After all of it is "processed," return to the Dutch oven and heat.

Serve with a grilled cheese. Yummmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment