Wednesday, August 4, 2010

About Kelley

As a born and raised Minnesotan, I flew the nest shortly after entering the working world.  I sought the adventure and culture of big city life in Boston.  After spending years living as a typical post college social butterfly, I found peace and tranquility in cohabitation with a former boyfriend.  During this time, I matured from cheap beer to tasty wines and frozen pizza to fresh, homemade food.  I found happiness in the kitchen, testing new recipes and cooking for two.  Now, back on the singles scene and living alone, I refuse to return to a life of convenience.  After one week in my studio apartment eating Lipton pasta sides for dinner and watching endless hours of HGTV and Bravo, I decided that I would still maintain “grown up” standards of living, despite being on my own.  I didn’t need a gourmet kitchen or fancy cookware to dictate how I would eat.  I didn’t need a dinner partner to make cooking a homemade dinner worthwhile.  Even on a significantly reduced budget, I have vowed to make it happen.  Perhaps most interesting of all was that I could now cook whatever my adventurous heart desired.  I got back into my small studio kitchen and haven’t settled for another canned soup dinner since.

My love for cooking focuses on fresh, low calorie food that is within the parameters of a single gal’s budget.  My love for baking, however, is based purely on chocolate cravings and satisfaction.

Random Facts you should know:

  • My closet is organized by ROYGBIV.
  • My karaoke song of choice is Something to Talk About by Bonnie Raitt
  • I like to write with colored Sharpie pens because I think they make my handwriting pretty
  • One of my favorite books is Wuthering Heights
  • I am a sponge for knowledge in any form: TV, magazine, print, people.

2 comments:

  1. LOL come organize my closet please! :) I like this page. I am often tempted to revert to boxed, bad eating when I am working on a bunch of things and tired, but it is great that the blogging community keeps inspiring me to cook real, healthy food.

    ReplyDelete