Saturday, August 14, 2010

Farmers' Markets

I love farmers' markets.

Growing up, I sold my grandpa's sweet corn on the side of the road and at a farmers' market.

Farmers' markets are THE place to get fresh and safe ingredients, but most importantly, they have a great vibe. They always give me a sense of community and loyalty to the local economy.

Finding a farmers' market near you is easy.



Farmers' markets definitely vary in size and produce. A few weeks ago, I went to the Burnsville Farmers' Market, and it was just okay. This morning I went to the Downtown St. Paul Farmers' Market, and I loved it. They had bread, meats, veggies, herbs, fruit, flowers, and even music.





I wanted to buy some tomatoes after reading Kelley's yummy post, Stuffed Tomatoes.

Here is what I bought!

The tomatoes are pretty ripe. I hope that they last a few days. I cannot resist sweet corn. I was raised on it. The bacon is hormone free. The pigs were raised humanely.





Here is a close-up of the bacon. It's Pepper Bacon. I think it will be delicious for a simple eggs and bacon breakfast tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment