Thursday, August 19, 2010

Jazz up a classic recipe

I had the opportunity to cook at my BF's parents' house. They have a gorgeous kitchen. It is honestly dreamy. The cabinets are white, and the walls are burnt orange. I could almost drool when I am there.

We were given free reign to the ingredients while the BF's parents were at the cabin. The BF and I were in town for his high school reunion.

I noticed that they had bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes.

Easy!

But wait, this is boring. zzzzzz...

Being an overachiever, I decided to spice it up. Instead of using a loaf of bread, I decided to heat up sandwich buns. It's so easy. I love a nice, warm sandwich. All you do is heat up the bread on a cookie sheet for 5 minutes (tops!) at 375 degrees.

Then, instead of mayo, I made a mixture of Dijon mustard, mayo, black pepper, and thyme. It is really easy, and most kitchens have those ingredients on hand. It adds a nice twist that tastes much better than mayo.






Dinner is served..

1 comment:

  1. BLTs are one of my favorite foods in the whole world! These looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete