Monday, October 11, 2010

Curried Egg Salad

Are you ever in the mood for an egg salad sandwich? Egg salad is one of my most frequent cravings, and the ingredients are almost always in my kitchen.

In the past, my egg salad sandwiches have been a very simple combination of hard boiled eggs, mayo, and salt/pepper.

I wanted to try something special this time.

If you consistently read this blog, you'll already know that I LOVE curry.

I found this recipe.

Combine these ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 teaspoon honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground curry
  • Dash ground ginger
I mixed these (above) ingredients while my eggs were boiling. I usually put my eggs/water in a sauce pan and wait for them to boil. I let them boil for at least five minutes. Then, I place in cold water for a few minutes, followed by refrigerating for at least 1.5 hours.

Then, I peel my eggs. I find this therapeutic for some strange reason..

Chop the eggs, and add the eggs and 3 chopped green onions to the mayo mixture.

Stir.

Spread on bread! The recipe called for whole wheat, but I can't have very much wheat.*

I put it on white bread, and it was delicious. The perfect sandwich:


*Weak gluten intolerance

No comments:

Post a Comment