Friday, November 12, 2010

Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic Butter Sauce

I cannot remember how I stumbled upon The Dabble, but I'm glad that I did. It's a food blog. I tried making the Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic Butter Sauce recipe that she has listed on her blog. Find it here. Let me know if you try her other recipes.

I can't find any explanation of why cooking potatoes in this manner is often called Hasselback. I think that in many cases, the name Hasselback originates from Germany. One thing that I know for sure is that I cannot STAND Elizabeth Hasselback. She drives me crazy.

Please consult The Dabble's website for ingredients and instructions.

It's a really easy recipe. Here are some of my photos from making Hasselback Potatoes.

Do yous see the slits in the potatoes?pre oven: post oven:
Don't they look pretty? I like the presentation.

Drizzle the garlic butter sauce, and we have a perfect meatless meal...
(Potatoes were served here with blackberries)

2 comments:

  1. Hasselback Potatoes are a Swedish dish named after the restaurant that created the technique. The original method has you slice the potatoe horizontally to within a 1/4" to 1/8" from the bottom. Delicious. I am also in agreement with you. Can't stand Elizabeth Hasselback. I also wanted to say I have the same Old Towne Blue Corelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the history of Hasselback Potatoes!

    Don't you love the Old Towne Blue Corelle? I could totally upgrade, but I just love the Old Towne Blue Corelle too much. My mom gave them to me.

    ReplyDelete