Friday, November 26, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Chili

I have been eying up buffalo chicken chili recipes for a few weeks. I printed out a few, and I plan to try making ALL of them. Here is a modified version of a recipe that I found at BettyCrocker.com. This recipe gets a thumbs up from me, and I feel like the other recipes won't be able to compare to these high standards. Also, the prep was super easy.

**Sidenote: I am typing with only my right hand because I have seriously burned my left hand on an iron skillet while making cornbread. Those ba$tards get HOT!

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts, 1 in. cubes
1 cup of chopped onions
1 cup of chopped celery
1 cup of chopped carrots (I used some that I had flashboiled and froze.)
28 oz diced tomatoes
15 oz black beans, drained
1 cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup hot sauce

Grease a crockpot. Toss in everything except the hot sauce into a crockpot. Stir.

How easy is that?!Cook for 8-10 hours on LOW.

Add the hot sauce, stir and serve with crackers!

1 comment: