Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mom's Banana Bread

This banana bread is super delicious.

Trust me.

There is a secret ingredient. It's orange juice. My mom used to bring me this banana bread when she'd come visit me at college.

This was also one of the first recipes that I ever made.

Start by mixing the first three ingredients. Don't mix all of the ingredients at once. I have made this mistake before.

Mix these ingredients in a large bowl
2/3 cup oil
1 2/3 cup sugar
3 eggs

Now, add these ingredients and mix
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp almond extract (I often substitute with vanilla extract when I don't have almond extract)
1/4 cup orange juice
4-5 mashed bananas

Mashing the bananas is a great stress reliever. I had one frozen banana in the freezer, so I was able to use that banana, and I bought four fresh bananas. Frozen bananas are easier to mash.

Once you've added the mashed bananas to the mixture and mixed, carefully pour into a bundt pan. My bundt plan is a classic bundt pan.

Check out these cool, detailed bundt pans that you could buy!









































Toss it in the oven at 350 for 50 minutes.

I wish you could experience the smell! It smells like my childhood.

Complete the toothpick test. Let cool for 15 minutes, and enjoy! The best pieces are the warm pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment