Monday, September 27, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip

This is my go-to appetizer.

I usually have these ingredients in my refrigerator, and my guests always love it. You could make this recipe spicier by adding more hot sauce and some crushed red pepper. Obviously you can make it less spicy by using less hot sauce.

Ingredients:
2 cups of cooked, cubed chicken breast
8 oz of cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup of blue cheese dressing
1/2 cup of hot sauce (I always use Frank's)
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese


I always use Philadelphia cream cheese. I have dabbled with generic brands and reduced fat options, and I have always been able to taste a difference. Also, they don't seem to blend as well. I hate when my cream cheese isn't well blended.

I have made this recipe many times, and I have used many different options for the chicken. I have used baked, fried on the stove, and even canned. I prefer not to use canned chicken, but if I am in a time crunch, I definitely use it. I cooked the chicken on the stove this time because I didn't have a lot of time, and I didn't have any canned chicken.
Prepare yourself for the easiness?! Combine all of the ingredients and mix well. If the cream cheese isn't blending well, I sometimes get out the hand mixer. Cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

This is the finished texture. No photo could do this dip justice. Let it cool for about 10 minutes. I usually put this dip in a mini crock pot. This dip should be served warm. Serve with chips, crackers, or celery sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment