Thursday, September 30, 2010

Curried Vegetable Soup

I have been making a lot of soups lately because I'm quite busy (three jobs), and soups are really easy to freeze.

I'm a very dedicated meat eater, and making recipes without meat is difficult for me. I decided to give this recipe a whirl because I'm head-over-heals in love with a man named Curry.

I found this recipe in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine publication called Everyday Easy Recipes.

Ingredients:
3 cups of cauliflower
1 14 oz can of coconut milk
1 14 oz can of chicken broth
1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 cups frozen peas/carrots
1/4 teaspoon salt

I bought a 32 oz container of chicken broth, and the recipe only called for 14 oz. That meant that I needed to do some Google calculations! Do you know how to find out how cups are in 14 liquid oz? Just type in 14 oz to cups in the search box. Want to know what I did with the other 18 oz of chicken broth? I froze it. Learn how.

In a large pot, add the broth, coconut milk, cauliflower, cilantro, and curry powder. Confession, I also added about a tablespoon of Frank's hot sauce. I think that curry and hot sauce deserve to be together.
Boil.

Turn down the heat to medium-low. Cover for 10 minutes. Stir in the frozen veggies. Leave it uncovered. Read a magazine. What is new with the Kardashians?

After the frozen veggies are warm, serve! You can garnish with the cilantro and red pepper. I went a little crazy with the red pepper.

Isn't it pretty?

Caution, it was quite spicy.

"If you can't stand the heat, you better get out of the kitchen." - Harry Truman

No comments:

Post a Comment