Friday, September 17, 2010

Super easy tuna melts

These tuna melts are super easy and really delicious.

They are perfect for busy people. I do not have a toaster. Do you? I do not really see the need for a toaster. I start by toasting my English muffins in the oven while it preheats. Preheat your oven to 375 and toss in the English muffins (or use your toaster). The tuna mixture (below) will serve about 4 people and about 4 English muffins. I usually eat one English muffin per meal.




Here are the ingredients for the tuna mixture:

2 6 oz. cans of tuna
4 tablespoons of Mayo
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
2 teaspoons of vinegar
2 teaspoons of mustard
2 tablespoons of chopped dill pickle

Mix these ingredients, and spread on the inside of each toasted English muffin.



If have have tomatoes, put a slice or two on the English muffin. If you don't have tomatoes, it's not a big deal.

Put shredded cheese or a slice of cheese on top of the English muffin and mixture. I use whatever cheese I have in the fridge. This time it was Swiss and cheddar.






Then, put in the oven for about seven minutes. This photo does not do it justice. The flavors from the pickles are really strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment