Thursday, September 23, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

I absolutely love spicy food. It feels like a fun challenge for me to eat the spiciest thing on the menu at restaurants, and I add hot sauce to a lot of recipes.

This Buffalo Chicken Pizza recipe did not require me to add any spice! It was pretty hot.

Now, whenever you make pizza, you could make your own crust. I have made it from scratch for other pizzas, but I was short on time for this meal. It was just easier to use a purchased crust.

Ingredients:
2 cups of chicken breast, cooked and cubed
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup of hot sauce (I always use Frank's)
8 oz bottle of blue cheese salad dressing
1 (16 inch) pizza crust
2 cups of shredded mozzarella
crushed red pepper

Combine the chicken, melted butter, hot sauce, and red pepper. Next, spread the blue cheese salad dressing on rolled out pizza crust. I love blue cheese dressing. Hot sauce and blue cheese are always a great combo.

Be careful if you shred your own cheese. I had a little accident. There goes my hand modeling career...

No cheese was contaminated in this accident.


Add the chicken mixture and shredded mozzarella.


Cook at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Isn't that quick?

Finished pizza!! Doesn't that melted mozzarella look delicious?


A trick for reheating pizza-- don't use the microwave. Reheating pizza in the microwave leads to soggy pizza. To regain the crispy crust, toss the leftovers on a cookie sheet or pizza pan at 425 until is starts bubbling again.

2 comments:

  1. my mouth is watering - this looks so simple and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's v. simple. Also, you could go crazy with whatever veggies you have available for toppings-- onions, peppers, etc.

    ReplyDelete