Monday, January 10, 2011

Grilled Beer & Cheese Sandwich

WARNING: This recipe may cause a dance party to occur in your kitchen. I challenge you to find the hyper-linked music video.

I was raised in Wisconsin, and I'm a huge sucker for CHEESE. I also don't mind a beer every now and again, in moderation of course. It leads to karaoke moments like this.

When I stumbled upon this recipe in Wisconsin Cheese Talk, I knew that I had to make it IMMEDIATELY.

I followed this recipe to a T.

First you have to make the bread. Don't worry. It's really easy, BUT if you don't want to make it from scratch, there are packets to buy from places like Tastefully Simple.

Ingredients for the beer bread:
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup sugar
12 oz beer
3 tablespoons butter

Preheat your oven to 350. Mix the baking powder, flour, salt & sugar. Add the beer. Stir. Shift the formed dough to your loaf pan. Melt your butter and pour it over the dough.

Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool the bread.

Next, start making the delicious sandwich!

The ingredient sizes really depend on how many sandwiches you intend to make.

Ingredients for the sandwich:
Onion slices (to your preference, but for one sandwich I used about 1/3 cup)
A dash of oregano
Worcestershire sauce
Salt
Black pepper
Medium sharp Cheddar cheese
Fontina cheese
Dijon mustard
A olive oil & little butter

Start by slicing the onions. On medium head, add a drizzle of olive oil, the sliced onions, and some oregano to a frying pan. Throw in dashes of salt-n-peppa and Worcestershire sauce. P.S. I really struggle with pronouncing Worcestershire. Here's how you say it. Remove the onion mixture from the pan. Make sure that the pan is still greasy.

Spread some Dijon mustard and cheese on the bread. Add the onions. Put the sandwich pieces together. Try not to spill the pieces, and shift the sandwich to the frying pan. Grill until browned on both sides.

Eat and be merry!


**BE SURE TO CHECK My Kitchen, My Sanctuary THROUGHOUT THE WEEK. LOOK FOR DETAILS ON AN EXCITING GIVEAWAY FROM CSN STORES! They have over 200 online stores where you can find everything from great cookware to kitchen appliances and cutlery to modern dining room furniture. More information will be revealed this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment