Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Super Easy Lettuce Wraps

This is my go-to recipe for a healthy appetizer or snack. I'm currently participating in the Biggest Loser Minnesota Challenge. I'll be snacking on these lettuce wraps multiple times between now and April 15th (the end of this particular challenge).

Ingredients:
1 green bell pepper
1 cup of a white or yellow onion
1 lb lean ground turkey
5 oz of Thai peanut sauce (San-J is highly recommended)
A head of lettuce

Other than the peanut sauce and lettuce, I have the other ingredients in my freezer at all times. Part of me is proud of this, and part of me worries that I'm becoming a food hoarder.

Start by chopping the onion and green pepper.


Saute them on medium heat with a little oil. When the onion starts to get a little brown, add in the ground turkey. Brown the turkey and fold in the onion and pepper.
Add in the peanut sauce and turn the heat to low. Let these ingredients simmer for 5 minutes. If you are using an iron skillet, remove it from the heat.

If you like spicy food, toss in a couple dashes of hot sauce into the meat mixture and stir.

Fill each piece of lettuce with a big spoonful of this mixture and serve! It's really delicious and simple. I think you'll be pleased... Folded like a taco:

No comments:

Post a Comment