Thursday, January 20, 2011

French Toast Awesomeness

The women on both sides of my family are blessed with SKILLS in the kitchen. Every holiday is a feast of goodness.

My mom bought me the church cookbook for Christmas, and many of the recipes are from her family. I have dog-eared many of the pages, and I can't wait to try many of the recipes.

Here is my aunt Pam's French toast recipe.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter (one stick)
6 whole English muffins (12 halves)
8 oz cream cheese
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
8 oz cream cheese
Cool whip
Strawberries (or any fruit)

Start by combining the syrup, brown sugar, and butter in a pan. Boil and pour into a 9"x13" pan.

Next, spread the cream cheese between the English muffin halves. Put the slices together like a sandwich. Set these sandwiches on top of the syrupy layer in the pan.

Mix the eggs and the milk and then pour it evening over the English muffins.

Cover and refrigerate overnight. Then, bake at 350. The recipe called for 30 minutes, but mine took about 35 minutes. It's not cute at this point. :)Serve with strawberries (or any fruit of your choice) and cool whip. I like to flip the pieces over as I serve them. That way you get the syrupy goodness on the top like a typical piece of French toast.


It's even great as a leftover!

1 comment: