Monday, December 6, 2010

Turkey and Spinach Curry

I found this recipe in the New York Times, and I modified it. I had already used some of the leftover turkey to make this dill soup. Now it was time to try making a curry dish.



Ingredients:
2 T peanut oil
1 t ground ginger
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, chopped
1/2 t turmeric
1 t ground cumin
1 t ground coriander
1/4 t cayenne
1 c chopped tomatoes
1 c coconut milk (unsweetened)
Salt
Pepper
6 oz of fresh baby spinach, trimmed, chopped
2 c leftover Thanksgiving turkey
1/4 c Frank's Hot Sauce
Cilantro, chopped
White rice

Start by heating the oil on medium heat in a saucepan. Add the ginger, garlic, and onions until they are soft. Add the turmeric, cumin, coriander, and cayenne. If you are a spice wimp, cut back on the cayenne. Stir for one minute.Add the undrained tomatoes and coconut milk. I used some tomatoes that I had in the freezer. Toss in a dash of salt and pepper. Boil, and then simmer for 15 minutes.

Now, add the spinach and turkey. The spinach will wilt. After 5 minutes, check to make sure that the turkey is warm. Stir in the hot sauce (only if you like spicy food). Serve over white rice. Garnish with the chopped cilantro.

Check to see if it needs more salt. Serve!


Next time that I make this, I'll probably add some cashews and mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment