Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hot Toddy!

This is probably the easiest hot toddy recipe on the planet.

Apple Cider & Whiskey

For snowy, cold days, start the crockpot! Add in apple cider, whiskey, and cinnamon sticks.

The proportions depend on how much you'd like to make and the size of your crockpot. I recommend using a 3:1 ratio for the apple cider and whiskey. There are lots of choices for whiskey, but I used Canadian whiskey. I added three cinnamon sticks to the crockpot, but you could certainly serve each toddy with a cinnamon stick.

Heat the mixture, but try not to let it boil. I started the crockpot on high but eventually turned it down to warm. Monitor the mixture to prevent it from boiling. If it boils, you'll burn off some of the alcohol. This is the best article that I could find on the topic of alcohol evaporation when cooking.

Stir. Test the temperature. Don't burn yourself. Serve by ladling into mugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment