Thursday, December 2, 2010

Turkey soup for your turkey leftovers


I whipped up a soup with the Thanksgiving turkey leftovers. I did a quick inventory of the BF's fridge and came up with this concoction. It was very delicious and flavorful. The dill added a unique flavor twist.

Ingredients:
4 cups (32 oz) of chicken broth
About 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper
2 baby red potatoes, peeled and cubed
½ cup corn (frozen)
½ cup of chopped onions
Pepper
Salt
2 cups of turkey (roughly chopped)
1 tablespoon of dill

Start by bringing the broth to a boil in a big pot or Dutch oven. Next, I added about ½ cup of chopped green peppers. I used some that we had in the freezer from the BF’s aunt’s garden. (If you are a wimp about spices, I would wait to add the peppers toward the end of the recipe. I think that the recipe was quite spicy because I added the chopped peppers at such an early stage. ) Toss in the cubed potatoes, corn, and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes.

Next, I added the turkey and dill. I let it simmer for about five minutes. Check the turkey to make sure that it’s warm, and serve!

2 comments: