Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Roasted Tomato and Feta Shrimp

My office gets every magazine under the sun.  I love reading and so I frequently go downstairs to see good ones are downstairs in the mail room.  Recently, I grabbed my first copy of Southern Living.  I found this gem of a recipe inside.

Roasted Tomato and Feta Shrimp:
  • 2 pints grape tomatoes, halfed
  • 3 garlic cloves, sliced
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 1/2 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp, halved
  • 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
  • 4 tbsp lemon juice
  • arugula (optional)
  • French bread (optional)
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.  Place tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and pepper in a 13 by 9 glass dish and toss to coat.  Bake for about 15 minutes, until tomatoes are semi roasted.

Stir in shrimp and peppers and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until shrimp turn pink.

Toss with parsley, lemon juice and feta cheese.  I had some goat cheese on hand, so I threw that in as well, but it's a soft cheese, so it melted right away.  



You can serve this over a small portion of pasta noodles, with a side of french bread, or over arugala lettuce like I did.  I added a bit more fresh squeeze lemon over mine once I toss it all together. 


This was SO good!  Such a tasty, filling, relatively low calorie meal!  Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. It looks really colorful, delicious, and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good. I made another version of it using the leftover ingredients! There's so much versatility in this recipe and the flavors.

    ReplyDelete