Monday, May 16, 2011

Pork Medallions with Peppers

This one is going into my regular rotation.  I can't believe how fast, healthy and tasty this pork recipe was.  Pork has been my go-to meat lately and with recipes like this, I don't see that ending anytime soon!  It comes from a 20 minute cooking recipe, so this recipe is a multi-tasker. 

Pork Medallions with Peppers (Cooking Light, January/February 2011)
  • 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into medallions (or two pork chops)
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
  • 1 tbsp EVOO
  • 1 1/2 ts chopped fresh rosemary, divided
  • 4 canned anchovies OR 3 tbsp minced calamata olives (I used calamata olives in my recipe)
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
  • 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
 
 

This one is easy - get chopping.  Once you're all chopped, it's go time.

 

Heat EVOO in a pan, let it heat up and add in your pork chops (or medallions) and let them get a sear on them - about 5 minutes.

 

Flip and add in remaining ingredients (except for balsamic).  Let saute for about 7 minutes or until peppers are soft and pork is cooking all the way through.

 



 

And done.  Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and a bit of rosemary.  I was so hungry I didn't take anytime to really plate this in any sort of appealing looking way.  I let the porkchops sit to ensure the juices stayed in the meat (5 to 10 is appropriate), and below is the result.  

Awesome! 

 

2 comments:

  1. YUM!! Rafe has the week off and bought some porkchops for dinner -- I think I'll send him this post for inspiration!! looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alicia - you'll have dinner served in zero time flat!

    ReplyDelete