Monday, August 15, 2011

Dip Baby Dips

And... we're back.  Sort of.  Amy and I have been severely MIA lately.  It's summer.  Who wouldn't rather be out in the fresh summer air sipping wine on patios and enjoying dinner on decks?  In fact, dinner what?  The summer heat has me craving things like fresh vegetables and fruits... snacking items really.  In fact, I have lost about five pounds since summer started. 
 
YAHOO!  for swim suit season!
 
I also started a new job about four weeks ago, which has me working 50+ hours a week.  I landed a Chief of Staff to the CEO type role at a small start up and couldn't be happier.  It's exactly what I was looking for and the role has turned into so much more than I expected.  Career Kelley has arrived!  Which between my new job, my workout schedule, my girlfriends and my man candy, there isn't much time to be had in the kitchen.
 
I made these delish dips for a Memorial Day BBQ at my beau's.  They are amazing.  If you have to make one, make the corn salsa and eat it for lunch and dinner.  It's awesome. 

 

 

First up:  Chickpea and red pepper salsa: (from Real Simple)
  • 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and roughly chopped
  • 4 scallions
  • 1 cup arugula, chopped
  • 2 jarred roasted red peppers, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
  • 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp EVOO
  • salt and pepper to taste

mix all ingredients together.  Serve with pita chips

 

Homemade Hummus, created by me:
  • 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas
  • 1/4 cup of cilantro
  • 1 tbsp EVOO
  • 1/8 cup of fresh lemon juice

puree all ingredients in a food processor, blend until mostly smooth

 

Roasted Red Pepper Salsa (as adapted from Tasty Kitchen)
  • 1-½ whole Large Red Bell Peppers

  • 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil

  • 12 whole Green Onions

  • 1 can (about 3 Oz. Can) Chopped Black Olives

  • ⅓ cups Parmesan Cheese

  • 4-½ Tablespoons Lime Juice

  • 3 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, Chopped

  • ½ teaspoons Salt

  • ¼ teaspoons Ground Black Pepper


  • Mix all ingredients together. 

     

     

    Corn and Red Pepper Relish (as adapted from Tasty Kitchen):
  • 2 ears Corn, Kernels Removed (or frozen corn, defrosted)

  • 1 whole Red Pepper, Very Finely Diced

  • ¼ cups Red Onion, Finely Diced

  • 1 Tablespoon Minced Cilantro

  • 2 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar

  • 2 Tablespoons Turbinado Sugar

  • 2 dashes Hot Pepper Sauce

  • Salt To Taste

  •  
    mix ingredients together and enjoy. 


     

    2 comments:

    1. I can't wait to try that chickpea and red pepper salsa - looks great!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Welcome back gf!!! So happy you are doing so well in your new job. Look forward to more amazing recipes like this one!!!!

      ReplyDelete