Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Peanut Butter Cheesecakes

Baking and I are back on good terms.  At least temporarily.  I came across this recipe for "healthier" cheesecakes on a blog (that for the life of me, I cannot remember.)  They were so cute and so easy and I thought, Why Not?  And boy, am I glad I did.  While there are substitutions to make them less "bad" for you - at the end of the day, we're still talking about cream cheese and peanut butter.  At the end of my count, I guesstimate about 200 calories each for these little loves.

• 18 sandwich cookies (I used golden Oreos)
• 16 oz neufchatel (1/3-less-fat) cream cheese, at room temperature
• 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 2 large eggs, at room temperature
• 1/2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
pinch of salt

Heat the oven to 275. 
Line a cupcake tin with liners.
One cookie goes in the bottom of each liner.
In a bowl mix the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. 
Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.  You'll need to do this frequently. 
Add in sugar and vanilla- mix until smooth.
Scrape, scrape.
Add in eggs - one at a time, mixing between each addition.
More scraping.
Add in greek yogurt and salt.
Taste.

Taste test again. 
Delish.  Give thumbs up approval to yourself for a tasty job well done.
Fill each liner nearly full - maybe 3/4, smoothing with spoon.  This should make enough for 18 mini cheesecakes.
Place into the oven for 22 to 24 minutes, until filling has set.  Cool.

These are best chilled.  If you set them overnight, the cookies soften a bit and make a softer crust.  If you get into these shortly after they come out of the oven, the Oreos will still be crunchy.  Which is really nice as well. 

Basically, you can't lose.   This is win, win for all.





Yum, Yum, gimme some!!

Golden Oreo crust!




Delish.

3 comments:

  1. I think you saw them on healthy food for living... maybe?!?

    They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gimme some of that! I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cheesecakes up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm! I love anything peanut butter, and these mini cheesecakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete