I've ripped this recipe out of a magazine at the gym probably four weeks ago. I'm not sure why I haven't made it yet, I've had all the ingredients. I finally got around to making this last night and it was extremely tasty. And easy - I think 20 minutes top to put it all together.
Walnut-Sage Pesto Pasta
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 6 ounces dried pasta of your choosing
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 packed Tbsp fresh whole sage leaves
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 4 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Heat up your oven to 350. Pour out your walnuts onto a baking sheet and bake for roughly 8 minutes. Toast until light golden brown and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
| Before toasting |
| After toasting |
| Sage... so fresh, so fragrant! |
In a bowl, add pesto and a 1/3 cup of the reserved pasta water.
Add in your pasta and mix well.
Now, you might realize that yours looks more green than mine does. That is because I completely forgot to add in the parsley! Ugh! Such a crucial, crucial ingredient! Don't get me wrong, my dish, sans parsley, was really good, but I think the lighter, fresher taste of the parsley would have changed the dish considerably. Mine was very rich, and very heavy. I ate it as my entrée, but it was probably better suited as a side dish. I must really remember to slow down and read a recipe in it's entirety!
Continue to add in pasta water in small batches, to create a creamier sauce. You won't need much, but it's helpful to loosen up the noodles and builds a bit of light sauce to coat the noodles.
Serve in bowls and top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Crack some fresh pepper over the top... and Bon Appetit!!!
| My new Nikon took these pictures! I love it! |
No comments:
Post a Comment