After recently reading books like The Compassionate Carnivore and Omnivore's Dilemma, I was disgusted by the huge increase in the the amount of meat that Americans consume each year.
I was surprised to see immediate results on the scale. I have been losing a few pounds each week, and I think it's definitely linked to Meatless Mondays. I also know that I am consuming and purchasing more vegetables, and therefore I'm eating more vitamin rich foods.
Compassionate Carnivore also made me more cautious about the meat that I do purchase. The word organic is a legal term. Big factory farm companies who are producing non-organic foods are also in the organic business. There are a lot of awesome farms that are not organic, and there are a lot of shady farms that are legally labeled organic. Think about this when you chose your allegiances. Read here to learn more about what organic actually means.
Click here to learn more about Meatless Mondays.
Interested in recipes for meatless meals? Click here.
No comments:
Post a Comment