Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spicy Lemon-Rosemary Pork Tenderloin

I am on a huge pork kick lately.  I'm not sure where this sudden swap has come from, but it means that chicken is out and pork is in.  I'm so bored by chicken.... even when I try to make it exciting, it still fails to impress me.  I'm over it like a bad date. 

But pork... oh pork.  When done right, pork is just an excellent meat.  I used to buy pork because it was on sale.  I would then cook it all wrong and force my ex to eat it.  Then I would be upset when he didn't love it, or even like it, for that matter.  And I am all like, shut up. and eat the damn pork that I have served you. we're poor and it was on sale.  Except we weren't poor at all.  But it was definitely on sale.  And sista loves a good sale.  (Apologies and I owe ya a solid pork dinner kid....)

So here's a new favorite pork recipe of mine:

Spicy Lemon- Rosemary Pork Tenderloin (from 2011 Food and Wine Cookbook):
  • 6 tbsp EVOO
  • 3/4 fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 rosemary leaves
  • 2 tbsp crushed red pepper
  • 6 garlic cloves
  • four 1 pound pork tenderloins
  • salt and pepper
You can't get any easier than this.  Take all the ingredients above and toss into a plastic bag for overnight marination.  Flip a few times.

Add caption
It'll come out looking like this.  And it will smell amazing.  This is raw meat, no tasting.  Though it's tempting, this I know.  Scrap a majority of the marinade pieces off.  This will feel wasteful, but it's not.  The meat has already absorbed all the amazingness.

Heat up a pan with a little EVOO and get ready to sear up the sides of these pork loins.  Also, heat your oven to 400.
 

 

Sear both sides for about five minutes per side.  Don't disturb the meat, let it get a nice char to it.  Once both sides are nicely seared, toss onto a baking sheet and pop into the oven for about 15 minutes or until the center is no longer pink. 


please excuse the disgustingness of my baking sheets.


Once the pork is fully cooked, remove from the oven and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.  I know you want to get into it, and fast, but letting the meat rest makes sure that the juices stay in the meat.  You don't want dried out pork now do you? 

I ate this on the run, so it was a protein dinner, but this meat is flexible enough to serve with a range of sides.  Maybe a fresh cous cous? Or some spicy green beans?  Or even some creamless corn?


Bon Appetit!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment